All students will develop a general understanding of construction, including:
• health and safety
• the science behind building design, surveying, and planning
• making accurate and appropriate measurements
• construction methods
• building regulations and standards
• data management and information standards in construction
• relationship management and customer service
• how the Internet of Things (IoT) impacts construction
• digital engineering techniques
• mathematical techniques to solve construction problems
• construction design principles and processes
• the construction industry and its role in the economy
• sustainability and the environmental impact of construction
• business, commerce and corporate social responsibility
They will also learn about topics specific to building services engineering, including:
• building technology principles
• building services engineering systems
• maintenance principles
• tools, equipment and materials
learners will specialise in electrotechnical engineering. On completion of this specialism, learners will be able to:
• Install electrotechnical systems
• Commission electrotechnical systems
• Maintain electrotechnical systems
• Decommission electrotechnical systems
Minimum five grade 4-9/C-A* at GCSE, including English and Maths.
This qualification focuses on the development of knowledge and skills needed for working in the BSE industry, which will prepare learners to enter the industry through employment or as an Apprentice.
Furthermore, the completion of this qualification gives the learner the opportunity to progress onto higher education courses and training.
This course is currently ony available to students aged 16-18 on the 31st August of the year of entry.