All students will develop a general understanding of construction, including:
• health and safety
• the science behind building design, surveying, and planning
• making accurate and appropriate measurements
• construction methods
• building regulations and standards
• data management and information standards in construction
• relationship management and customer service
• how the Internet of Things (IoT) impacts construction
• digital engineering techniques
• mathematical techniques to solve construction problems
• construction design principles and processes
• the construction industry and its role in the economy
• sustainability and the environmental impact of construction
• business, commerce and corporate social responsibility
They will also learn about topics specific to building services engineering, including:
• building technology principles
• building services engineering systems
• maintenance principles
• tools, equipment and materials
Learners will learn about and undertake fundamental plumbing work.
Learners will have the opportunity to plan, perform and evaluate their work while using a range of materials, methods and techniques.
Learners will develop their knowledge, understanding and skills of:
• Fundamental health and safety practices associated with carrying out plumbing work.
• Plumbing tools and equipment
• Pipework materials, installation methods and jointing processes.
• Plumbing systems and their purpose
• Plumbing science
• Principles of measurement and marking out components and pipework
Minimum five grade 4-9/C-A* at GCSE, including English and Maths.
This course is currently ony available to students aged 16-18 on the 31st August of the year of entry.