Design and Development (Mechanical Engineering) T level
Students will develop an understanding of a broad range of issues relevant to the sector, including:
• working within the Engineering and Manufacturing Sectors – an understanding of how materials, conditions and context influence design processes and products
• essential mathematics for engineering and manufacturing – a knowledge and understanding of mathematics including standard matrices and determinants and standard trigonometry
• materials and their properties – understanding material processing techniques and their effects on materials and material quality, the condition of materials, how these are managed, and materials testing methods and techniques
• business, commercial and financial awareness - basic commercial principles including commercial priorities and markets, customers/clients/partners and resource allocation
Learners undertaking the Electrical and electronic engineering specialism will be able to:
• Analyse and interpret engineering and manufacturing requirements, systems, processes, technical drawings and specifications.
• Evaluate systems, designs, components and processes, managing and integrating design information, proposals and specifications, to develop and improve electrical and
electronic engineering and manufacturing proposals and solutions.
• Propose and design electrical and electronic engineering and manufacturing systems, products, components, processes and solutions, considering requirements,
constraints and context.
• Collaborate to help manage, develop, test and quality assure electrical and electronic engineering and manufacturing design information, systems, processes
• Communicate proposals, design information and solutions, producing, recording and explaining engineering and manufacturing representations, systems, processes, outcomes, specifications and technical drawings.
Minimum five grade 4-9/C-A* at GCSE, including English and Maths.
This course is currently ony available to students aged 16-18 on the 31st August of the year of entry.