Application Advice for our HE Courses
How to Apply
APPLYING THROUGH UCAS
Foundation degree and BA/BSc top-up courses at East Sussex College are validated by the University of Brighton.
Applications to the College for admission to degree courses can be made through UCAS - our Institution code is S83. As part of the process, a reference from a teacher or tutor will be required for completion of your application. You will need to pay a fee to cover administration costs.
Applications can also be made directly to us by completing a Higher Education college application form, along with a personal statement of around 250 words. Please make sure you also include a reference with your application.
Applicants may apply for most courses until the end of August, but some of these are liable to be filled. Please check on availability by contacting us:
What you'll need
Foundation degree entry requirements may vary between courses but are usually around 120 UCAS points. BTEC applicants are very welcomed along with International students.
Students taking the International Baccalaureate need a minimum score of 24. You will also need to have a minimum IELTS score of 6.0 overall, 6.0 in writing.
The College will also consider other qualifications such as NVQ’s, coaching awards, industrial or work-based experience, to name but a few.Please refer to individual course entry requirements for a more detailed breakdown.
Submit your application online
To apply for our Higher Education Degree courses you must submit an online application via the UCAS website.
Here are the key points to submitting your application.
2. Sign in to fill in the rest of your personal details
3. Fill out any additional information (UK applicants only)
4. When and if you are prompted, answer the questions about Student finance (UK and EU applicants only). More information about this can be found here: Undergraduate Student Finance
5. Enter your course choices
6. Fill out all information regarding your education history
7. Fill out all information regarding your employment history
8. Write a personal statement. Guidance on how to do this can be found here: How to write a personal statement.
9. Review all the details to make sure it is all correct.
10. Then get a reference, pay your application fee and send your application to us. You can check your application progress online or by calling our progress line: Telephone: 0870 112221