There is a growing demand in Europe for English Language students to not only improve their English, but also get ready for the world of work by developing their experience of working in the UK too. We have therefore introduced a course that combines English and unpaid work experience.
• Looks great on your CV
• Helps you get a job in your home country
• Gain practical skills
• Improve your spoken English
• Work placements for groups and individuals
• Get ahead of the competition in an increasingly competitive European job market
• Combine English language with working in the UK
• Add on work preparation activities such as how to write a CV and how to prepare for an interview
• Add on a social programme including a trip to London Financial District
• Ideal for Italian groups requiring hours under Alternanza Scuola Lavoro (ASL) scheme
• Erasmus funded groups from Germany, Denmark and Italy visit every year
• Individual work experience take place as part of our Adult Summer School in July and August at our Lewes campus. As part of the programme you study for at least two weeks on our 15 Hour English Language Plus course
• Short Term Job opportunities are available in hospitality and retail
• Long term work experience of one month or more can be taken in a wide range of job sectors such as Human Resources, law firms and large hotels
• There are some opportunities to work at Sussex Downs College (Lewes and Eastbourne) and Sussex Coast College Hastings in marketing, events and international administration- be part of our team!
Please click here for to find out the cost of internships in the UK for EU students. This shows how much the work placement and English language course will cost you. Please contact us if you would like a quotation for a group booking:
Please click to apply for an English plus internship programme in the UK (download the form) and email it to us at email@example.com together with:
1. A copy of your CV
2. Copy of your passport/ID Card
We're firm believers that it's never too late to EdYOUcate, and as September is Have A Go month, why not see what part-time courses we have on offer.
The Premier League club is supporting our pledge to help local businesses during these challenging times.
Gardening certainly helped us during lockdown, and here's how it can help as we head back to college.